Sunday, October 30, 2005

the tooth about my ear

I have a tooth in my ear. And, it's blue. You're probably thinking to yourself, "What has blue teeth?" A blue comb, perhaps? A depressed dental hygienist? Or, maybe he travelled to France and his pen exploded in his toiletry bag and he failed to notice because he'd been awake for 27 hours and inadvertently painted his teeth blue? Well, that's just impossible, because if you knew me you'd know that I despise writing with blue ink so if anything my teeth were black. Wait. What?

This amazing technology indicated by the runic logo apparently does more than let you chat wirelessly and, for the most part, hands-free on your already wireless but not hands-free cell phone. What else does it actually do? Who cares! All other possibilities have been thoroughly eclipsed by the almost magical and now-that-you've-tried-it-has-become-totally-indispensable Bluetooth earpiece for your Bluetooth equipped cell phone. Words fail to describe the pleasure to be had from walking about tapping your ear to answer the phone, or wandering around the grocery store talking to yourself until someone sees the little blue light on the side of your head. Then it's ok to be caught talking to yourself-- you've got Bluetooth! You didn't think I was really on the phone did you?

The name however still seems totally off the subject. Well, there's no point in googling about. A quick browse to the source, bluetooth.org, sheds some blue light on the subject. The name was taken from a 10th Century Danish King. This is not a reference to a drive-thru bakery either. This was a real king, called Harold Blatand. Surprise, surprise! Blatand translates to Bluetooth in English. Personally, I'd rather have a Bluetooth stuck in my ear than a Blatand. Hmm. Moving right along... you can click on the logo above for the full story if you'd like. It also mentions someone called, Forkbeard. This is what happens when you don't get enough sunlight and your serotonin levels are low-- your teeth change color and cutlery is entangled in your facial hair.

Meanwhile, I'll be here... talking to myself through my blue tooth.

1 comment:

Casey said...

Ok, i totally don't understand this crazy bluetooth madness. I was at the bar the other night and this guy had his bluetooth thing in. It's not a fashion accessory people! Anyway, he had that in his ear, AND HE STILL HAD HIS PHONE IN HIS HAND!!! i just don't get it?