Thursday, January 17, 2008

Beaver Fever

It's so not what you think. It's Thursday and I woke up with a song in my head. I believe these facts to be unrelated. For those of you living in doubt of a Higher Power, let me restore your faith-- it's not the song from Small World. Oddly enough, however, what it is IS is the theme song from Nickelodeon's, "Angry Beavers." It is.

For those of you unfamiliar with the grooviest brothers beavoir, Dag and Norbit are, in short, beavers. While they never seem particularly angry, they are perpetually bickering and competing and engaging in endless silliness.

How did I happen upon this alleged children's program? Funny you should ask. Once upon a time, I lived for a spell in Lafayette, Louisiana. One Saturday afternoon, the phone rang. Before I even got to say hello, "Put on Nickelodeon! There's a show and everybody's talking like you!" Thus, the Angry Beavers came into my life. If you click on the logo, you'll be linked to the Nickelodeon web site where you can view a full length episode.

So, whenever you numb-boogers hear someone shouting, "What's that spooty, spoothead, spoot guy, king of the spoots doing here?" You'll know the answer! Looking for the Angry Beavers of course!

I've still got that spooty song stuck in the old noggerooni!

1 comment:

Casey said...

"Not to the land of lollipops and lickadoos"